Are you ready to jump into my step-by-step Ready To Mediate Course?
Start here ...
Hey! I'm so glad you found me!
I think maybe I get where you're at right now ...
- You don't know much about mediation, or what it will be like.
- You're anxious about saying the right things, and even being in the same room together.
- You're not even sure if you can get on the same page with your Ex about what your children need.
- But you desperately love your children ...
- And you don't want to go on like this -- with the arguing and the constantly changing plans, and the stress.
- So ... this is your chance to have a real conversation, and make a plan together that everyone can live with!
Maybe you have a history of poor communication.
Maybe you didn't even want to mediate, you just got a letter in the mail, and now you're headed down this unknown path.
Maybe you don't know what your Ex wants to discuss, or what their motives are, and you're feeling bewildered and overwhelmed ... maybe even a little angry that you have to go through this process.
I'm here to help.
Through my Ready To Mediate Course, I'll walk you through a process that will:
- Clarify the shared values that will help you and your Co-Parent come together (hint: it's about your children).
- Identify the decisions that your children need you to make, so that they can have the happy, stable childhood you want for them.
- Narrow down the solutions that will work for you, your Co-Parent, and (most importantly) your children.
- Get really clear about the things you're not prepared to compromise on, and work out how to put that on the table!
- Work out what kind of agreement you need to work towards.
- Give you some awesome tools for minimising the conflict that your children are exposed to, AND
- Help you prepare some questions for your mediator, so that you know what to expect on the day.
Going to mediation for the first time (or the fifth time!) can feel so stressful and overwhelming.
If you don't have a clear plan for what you want to say, it's easy to get side-tracked, get frustrated, and get lured back into the unhealthy patterns of communication that have brought you to this point.
Without some good guidance and support through your preparation, you could end up back in the same place, wishing you were one of those "lucky" families that seem to have this Co-Parenting thing figured out.
That's why I created my step-by-step program, Ready To Mediate.
READY TO MEDIATE
Ready To Mediate is a simple guide to preparing your notes (as well as your heart) for Mediation, so that you can feel calm, and communicate well on the day.
Yep, I'm going to show you how to put your children's needs
at the heart of your Parenting decisions, and
talk to your Co-Parent in a way that they can really hear you.
Get started now!
Ready To Mediate is my system for preparing for Family Mediation - without the stress and anxiety of having to muddle through all on your own.
Each video will guide you through information and exercises that will get you focused on what's really important to you and your children, and use that to get to a Parenting Plan together.
Here's a sneak peek at the course curriculum ...
- Learn how to open up with your motives and start your mediation discussion on the right foot
- Follow my Four Rules for good communication - in mediation, and in life!
- Use the awesome bonus Parenting Plan TOPIC LIST to quickly write an agenda that covers everything you and your children need
- Get the full system I use with my clients to help them come up with all the possible options, and then sort through to find the good ones
- Get clear on what your bottom line really is, and why it's so important to think about in advance
- Understand the different types of agreement you could make, and find out which one suits you
- Know how to write your key parenting principles into your plan ...
- And how to use your plan AFTER the mediation, so that it continues to work, well into the future
- BONUS! Make a list of questions that you can bring to your preparation sessions with your mediator, so that you're both on the same page, and ready to move forward on the day!
BONUS #1 / Your Parenting Plan Topic List: This list will turn a huge all-day project into a quick 20-minute Agenda, that you can be confident will cover everything you and your children might need.
BONUS #2 // Discounts on other great Speak Sweetly Resources.
BONUS #3 /// The Course Workbook: Use this workbook to write down all the ideas you need to bring to mediation, make note of any questions for your mediator, and keep record of all those "aha!" moments.
Your journey to a successful mediation starts today.
Hurry while the doors are still open!
Make 2021 your year for a fresh Co-Parenting start!
How long does it take to get through the Ready to Mediate Course?
It's totally up to you!
If you want to take your time, really explore all of the keys in this series, and do your best preparation, you can spread the 12 videos over a few days or a week.
But if your mediation is tomorrow, you can still do this! I'm with you!
You can absolutely binge watch all 12 videos, spend another 45 minutes to reflect and fill out the workbook, and be Ready To Mediate by lunch time!
Now is your time to mediate well and move forward with a fresh vision for the future.
Starting today, you can:
- Have a clear head for making good decisions at mediation
- Make good notes that will keep you on track, and out of the traps of your old ways of communicating
- Make the most of your mediation time, your money, and your precious opportunity to build trust with your Co-Parent
- Feel calm because you know you have everything written down, and you won't forget anything important
- Improve your Co-Parenting relationship, and
- Give your children the secure, predictable, peaceful lives that you set out to give them
- ... and get back to being the happy, present, relaxed parents that you set out to be.
I know you're here because there's nothing more important to you than making good decisions for your children, and setting them up for healthy relationships with the people they love the most. Let's make it happen - their little hearts are depending on it <3
Frequently Asked Questions
You can do this, even if you're really busy, and you don't have a clue where to start.
I don't have time to take a course!
If you need to, you can watch all of the videos and fill out the course workbook in a couple of hours, and be Ready To Mediate by tonight! (Or, of course, you can take your time and spread it out, if you want to give yourself some time to explore the material more). Think of it as investing a little time and energy now, so that you can save yourself a whole lot of time and stress (and money, hopefully!) in your mediation session.
I don't even want to mediate in the first place!
I can totally understand - a lot of my clients come in frustrated about the Compulsory Family Dispute Resolution rule. And I'll tell you what I tell them - even though you don't have a lot of choice to not mediate, you CAN choose to use this opportunity build on the trust and communication that you have, by showing up with good ideas, and a good attitude. Focus on your children and find something that you can ACHIEVE for them through this process.
I think I might just fly by the seat of my pants!
No worries! Some people are just spontaneous and spunky and they like to wing it with their parenting arrangements! That's totally cool - if it's working for you and for your kids! If your spontaneity is causing stress for your children because they need more structure, or if your Co-Parent is going nuts because the plans you have aren't detailed enough ... then you might find it worthwhile to spend just these few minutes learning about mediation, writing some notes, and exploring how a Parenting Plan could create greater opportunities for connection with your little ones (and your Co-Parent).
Get started now!
What happens when I enrol?
Step 1: Enter your information on the checkout page -
Step 2: You're taken directly inside the course platform --
Step 3: You can get started with the first lesson straight away!
Meet your Coach ...
Hi, I'm Shona, from speaksweetly.com - I'm a Mediator and Conflict Coach in Adelaide, South Australia.
I've been in Conflict Management for 15 years now - 9 of those working with separating and divorcing parents.
I am so passionate about making a way for children to be happy and secure when they're living in two homes, and about protecting them from the effects of intense, ongoing conflict.
What I love is to see parents grow in their communication and trust, and build new, healthy patterns of relating to each other. This new communication then leads to Parenting Plans that are robust and strategic, and that parents can continue to work with and adapt well into the future.
This course is my way of letting the world know that there is a way of getting MORE out of mediation. There is a way of preparing yourself - your thoughts, your ideas and your heart-attitudes - so that mediation flows smoothly, and the Parenting Plan you walk out with is complete, thorough and workable for both parents and (most importantly) children.
I can't wait to take this journey with you into heart-centred, child focused mediation and Co-Parenting xx